Skip to content
- IT Application Support Professional at College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (AESL), UGA (Athens, GA, USA) (Jun 2022 - current).
Worked as Temporary Technical Professional from Jan 2023 - Aug 2023 with the same responsibilities.
Worked as Graduate Student Assistant from Jul 2022 - Dec 2022 with the same responsibilities.
- AESL is a testing lab that provides services to 159 counties in Georgia and neighboring states, including the mortgage industry. It maintains a 7 TB Microsoft Access database, with ongoing efforts to migrate to PostgreSQL.
- Designed and developed a real-time soil pH monitoring application using TypeScript/React/MUI, enabling the technicians to instantly view soil pH data, leading to a significant reduction in testing time from 4 minutes to 15 seconds per set, boosting technician productivity by over an hour on busy days.
- Created a secure signup and login page using React/Next.js/Express.js with Single Sign-On (SSO) integration. Led SSO integration process by preparing comprehensive technical documentation and design system documentation for the codebase and conducting audits through the UGA cybersecurity department. Worked closely with UGA officials to implement the recommended SSO protocols, ensuring secure user authentication.
- Automated data entry pipeline using Python/TypeScript, reducing the time from 2 minutes per handwritten form to 35 seconds on average, by implementing autocomplete functionality for various fields.
- Led the migration of a 37 TB Microsoft Access database to PostgreSQL. Architected and managed PostgreSQL database development process, creating custom solutions such as a real-time compiler that converts Microsoft Access queries to PostgreSQL queries, ensuring seamless integration with the existing 219 applications.
- Played a pivotal role in compiler development, including feature enhancements and bug resolutions. Collaborated closely with 21 employees throughout the company to understand use cases, conducted regular follow-ups, and ensured successful implementation and issue resolution during the migration process.
- Optimized database performance by implementing PgBouncer for connection pooling, achieving a 70% faster response time (40 seconds improvement) for the company’s critical “Status” application. This enhancement eliminated application crashes and data loss, ensuring smooth operation and zero downtime during rush hour.
- Established a robust backup and recovery solution using pgBackRest, safeguarding data integrity and minimizing downtime during database failures. Automated daily incremental backups, streamlined the restore process, and proactively monitored the solution for optimal performance and security.
- Research Participant at Google CS Research Mentorship Program ((Remote) Athens, GA, USA) (Sep 2022 - Dec 2022)
- Collaborated with a team of 3 software engineers and mentored by an L5 Senior Software Engineer from Google during a 12-week mentorship program.
- Designed and implemented an action recognition system using Python/Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to detect people falling in the workplace, improving workplace safety, and enabling rapid response to medical emergencies.
- Utilized Google Cloud Storage for storing raw data and processed results. Google Cloud Video Intelligence API for pre-processing and feature extraction from video data. Google Cloud Datastore for storing metadata.
- Attended workshops led by Google Engineers, acquiring valuable insights into project structuring, industry best practices, and Google’s development methodologies. Gained hands-on experience in deploying projects on GCP, utilizing tools for monitoring, and maintaining deployed solutions to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
- Full Stack Engineer self-employed (Athens, GA, USA) (Jan 2021 - Dec 2022)
- Developed personal website for professors using Hugo, leveraging Python/Beautiful Soup to automate the data migration from their original website to Hugo. Wrote comprehensive technical documentation and implemented Command Line Methods to simplify content management and ensure future maintainability.
- Established a standardized directory structure for all machine learning projects in the lab, incorporating reproducible Python environments using Anaconda, a unit testing framework using pytest, Sphinx documentation generation, and utilized GitHub Actions for test execution and documentation deployment on GitHub Pages.
- Developed Docker images for machine learning model training and deployment with Python/PyTorch. Optimized image size by creating Dockerfile from scratch, and compiling programs to minimize image size.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant at Computer Science Department, UGA (Athens, GA, USA) (Dec 2021 - Aug 2022)
- Led weekly meetings and facilitated group discussions for the Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science course for Spring and Summer semesters, fostering a collaborative learning environment.
- Proactively updated and refined course materials based on student feedback, enhancing comprehension, and fostering academic success for a class of 180 students.
- Mentored two transfer students during the Spring semester, ensuring a thorough understanding of the course material and emphasizing practical applications to promote real-world problem-solving skills.
- Workshop paper reviewer, CVPR 2021 (UGA at Athens, GA, USA) (Apr 2021)
- Reviewed 2 papers for the Biometrics Workshop, jointly with the Workshop on Analysis and Modeling of Faces and Gestures, CVPR 2021.
- Split the review into summary, strengths, weaknesses.
- Paper reviewer and presentation judge, GJSHS 2021 (UGA at Athens, GA, USA) (Feb 2021 - Mar 2021)
- Reviewed 6 papers for the 46th Georgia Junior Science & Humanities Symposium (GJSHS) from high-school students.
- The review included detailed feedback on the strengths and weaknesses of the paper and suggestions for improvement based on the recent research in the field.
- Presentation judge for the final round of the competition.
- Winner TechGig CodeGladiators hackathon (Mumbai, Maharashtra, India) (May 2019 - July 2019)
- Won first place in a nationwide hackathon, from a pool of 0.6 million candidates.
- Built a unique, fully deployable parking space detection system using PyTorch and OpenCV.
- Developed and designed the only submission to use video as input, enabling predictions to adjust dynamically in response to camera movements and changes in environment.
- Third place at IndiaSkills Nationals (Chandigarh, India) (Sep 2018 - Nov 2018)
- Won third place at the North-Zone regional finals in IT Software Solutions for Business at IndiaSkills, representing my state Chandigarh (India).
- Build a desktop application using C# and an android application using Java.
- Both applications required a database setup using MySQL and phpMyAdmin.
- 8-bit computer at PEC IEEE showcase (PEC, Chandigarh, India) (Feb 2017 - Apr 2017)
- Created an 8-bit computer on breadboard using NAND chips.
- Implemented Add, Subtract logic and 2 byte memory module using Flip Flops.
- Showcased the work to high school students at Punjab Engineering College (Chandigarh, India) IEEE Project showcase.